As someone who is going to be entertaining small or even large-sized crowds all holiday season long as Santa Claus, it is absolutely in your best interest to protect yourself from liability by way of a specialty performers insurance policy. As the name suggests, this is a way that insurance companies, like Marine Agency Insurance, do our part to protect our legion of nationwide Santas from liability during events at the end of the year.
If you were to operate without any type of insurance whatsoever, you could easily be found responsible for incidents that occur during a performance – and that is exactly what appearing in a mall or other public location dressed as Santa Claus would qualify as.
The Importance of Specialty Performers Insurance: Breaking Things Down
Because Santas come into physical contact with kids on a constant basis, they could be found liable for any injury to that child that happens – even if the claim against the performer was completely groundless. The same is true to any and all injuries that are somehow sustained by parents, too.
Even if you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did nothing wrong, you would still probably have to hire a lawyer to defend yourself. Getting this process started is very costly – to say nothing of how fast expenses can add up if things are left to go on too long.
With specialty insurance for Santa Claus and similar performers, on the other hand, you’re instantly protected from anything that life happens to throw at you. At Marine Agency Insurance, we offer annual policies (which would be great if you have a recurring job during the entire season) or protection for a single scheduled event.
Regardless of the type of policy you choose, you’ll be protected against issues like:
- Bodily injury, which again would cover a situation where a child or parent is injured during your “performance.”
- Property damage, which would apply if you broke something that belonged to a child, a parent or even to your employer.
- Personal and advertising injury
- And more!
Not only that, but you can also invest in optional coverages that go above and beyond the standard levels of protection, too:
- If there are any types of special equipment that you need to perform your duties (like your Santa Claus costume), you can add this coverage to your policy.
- Marine Agency Insurance offers standard policy limits of up to $1 million worth of liability coverage, but that can easily be expanded.
- You can also add in coverage for any vehicles that you use while you’re performing. This can include any cars that you absolutely need to get too and from your job.
In the end, performing as Santa Claus is one of the most important jobs a person can have during the holidays – but at the same time, you don’t want to leave anything to chance. Specialty performers insurance can allow you to perform totally free from worry so that you can give your all and make the lives of so many children that much brighter this Christmas.
- Specialty performers insurance for Santa’s covers things like property damage, bodily injury and more.
- Marine Agency Insurance offers policies with limits of up to $1 million (though this can be expanded).
- You can also add coverage for vehicles you use while performing, too.
If you’d like to find out more information about Santa Claus entertainer insurance and the many different ways in which it offers an invaluable level of protection, or if you’d just like to discuss the specifics of your own situation with someone in a bit more detail, please don’t delay – contact Marine Agency Insurance today.